Conforming to the Raspberry Pi hardware-attached-on-top (HAT) specification, the HiFiBerry DAC+ is a high-resolution digital-to-analog converter for the Raspberry Pi Model B+. No soldering is required as the board comes in a prefabricated kit employing standard RCA connectors. This sound card is optimized for high quality audio playback as demonstrated by some of its key specifications:
- Dedicated 192 kHz / 24 bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC for best sound quality
- Hardware volume control. You can control the output volume using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls.
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi model B+
- No additional power supply required
- Ultra-low-noise voltage regulator for optimal audio performance
- Comes with all components required to mount it including 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board to the Raspberry Pi.
NB: Notice about the compatibility with Raspberry Pi Model A and B: This board is only compatible with the new Raspberry Pi Model B+.